What is a PR Agency and how to find a good one?
PR agencies foster companies or individuals via editorial coverage. Their goal is to advocate clients and make them seem as successful, truthful, predominant, exciting or as relevant as possible. A lot of times when people think about public relations, the first thing that comes to mind is Publicist, someone who gets your news in media, tells your story or your brand, put you on media, all is true but that’s only a part of Public Relations consultant or firm. In order to guard, amplify, secure and strengthen the reputations of firms or individuals on all media platforms, hiring of public relations agency is required.
Hiring a PR firm is a huge investment when it comes to both time and money. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row before taking that leap. Below are the incentives you need to know and do before hiring a PR firm as well as discover some facts how a PR agency can be good for you.
• First and foremost, you need to identify what are your goals? And where you see your business in next 5 years? How you want your brand to be portrayed or seen by the public? And what kind of media placements you want to see your brand in? While thinking of PR professional, consider someone who can come alongside your brand as a strategic partner and who can help you with effective communication that is delivering your brand message to the target audience and stakeholders with positive repute.
• A PR agency should analyze competition for you and provide with suggestions and act like big thinkers for you and how you want to be perceived within the media space, within your industry and hence elevate your reputation as thought leader.
• Next thing is do not settle for the first PR firm that you had a conversation with. This is after all your business and you are looking for a partner here. So you need to make sure that whichever PR firm you hire they are reliable enough to execute on things you’ve laid out for them to do. PR agency should help your brand in writing news releases, speeches, blogs and content without losing the focus of business strategy. PR team should be able to identify and consider the target audience while communicating through any type of content.
• A good PR firm can bring professionalism and depth of related industry knowledge and historical perspective.
• The PR agency can help reinforce industry connections and communications. They are able to connect like-minded clients together.
• In addition, PR firms should help you with craft winning pitches to get the required publicity your business is looking for as well as provide some innovative and cool ideas that would really improve brand exposure and recognition that you want in order to keep boosting your sales.
Things you should not expect from PR agency would be billboards or writing stories for reporters or any form of advertising, media buys. As this criterion is more inclined towards an advertising agency whereas PR is about earned media.